Wind and Snow at the Farm

Acrylic painting by Keith Tilley of a farm with impression of wind and snow

Wind and Snow at the Farm

Acrylic on MDF panel, 15 cm x 20 cm


I had painted this subject before in watercolour and I thought it would be interesting to try an acrylic version. I used a panel that had been prepared with a brown base colour, and this helped to provide a bit of warmth to what could have been a very cold subject.

The process in acrylic was completely opposite to the watercolour version. Here all the snow areas needed thick white paint, whereas the watercolour had large areas of untouched white paper.


Comments

John (JWJarts) said…
Keith, the movement you've captured in this one is stunning. I can barely stand upright as I look at it. Great work.
Keith Tilley said…
Hi John, good to hear from you. I'm glad you were blown away by it!

Popular Posts