Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Flow Country Arts

I will be showing work at the Flow Country Arts exhibition in The Norseman Hotel, Wick on 14th, 15th and 16th November. I thought I would try some very small paintings this time. Maybe they will be more affordable, and might be a nice size and price for Christmas presents!


 "Herring Boats" - watercolour - 13 x 18 cm



 "A Breaking Wave" - watercolour - 13 x 18 cm



"Sunset on Reiss Sands" - watercolour - 13 x 18 cm



"Sunlight and Grey Sky" - watercolour - 13 x 18 cm


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Keith!... These lovely ... crisp paintings will be eye catchers mixed in with your regular eye pleasers. It seems that smaller works... at lesser prices work better for the pocket books of this economy. Nice to have variety in one's offerings anyway.

    Good luck at your show!

    Good painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, it will be interesting to see how the smaller paintings do. It certainly seems to be the way to go at the moment.

      All the best,
      Keith

      Delete
  2. Looks as though we will both be exhibiting at the same time, Keith. I also had the same idea - smaller paintings at a lower price - and have six paintings that are only 30x30 cm. However, your small paintings are even smaller... I would love to be able to see them in reality; I'm sure that they are exquisite. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At lot of people I talk to seem to be trying the same thing Diane. It's seems to me to be a better option than devaluing artwork by reducing prices. Good luck with your exhibition.

      Delete
  3. Hi Keith, I have arrived a bit late to make a comment before the event. I do hope the exhibition went well and that the tiny paintings were loved by all. They look lovely and I am interested to hear how it all went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, sales were disappointing unfortunately. I think it probably wasn't the right market for my paintings. I'm glad you like them anyway.

      Delete