John o' Groats Hotel
John o' Groats House Hotel
25 x 35 cm
The settlement of John o' Groats gets its name from a Dutchman, called Jan de Groot, who ran a ferry from there to the Orkney Isles in the early 16th Century.
The striking John o' Groats House Hotel was built in 1875, near to the site of Jan de Groot's house. It's in a run-down state at the moment, but there are plans to renovate it and to improve the area generally.